The policy stated in this document is intended to inform users of WorldMaritime about our company’s behavior regarding the processing of personal data collected through our portals.
1 | To harvest:
What is the collected information used for?
All information collected from MundoMaritimo users is intended for:
(1) Provide personalized services, content and advertising to the user when browsing the MundoMaritimo portals
(2) To conduct internal studies on the demographics, interests and behavior of our users. The information is used to better understand and serve our users.
This data that you provide freely and voluntarily, is intended to provide better service, information and utilities to our users. You have the right not to agree to deliver them, renouncing the advantages that our website offers.
If you decide to provide such data, we commit to you to maintain a clear and regular behavior, subject to the policy that we express below, of which you are informed and which you accept.
Our policy regarding the data collected is as follows:
The responsibility for the veracity of the data thus collected rests exclusively with the user.
We maintain an offline database, which guarantees your customers complete confidentiality regarding the data provided to MundoMaritimo.
On the other hand, a recognized external company providing duly certified connectivity and hosting services “hosts” our sites on their web servers, 365 days a year, seven days a week and twenty-four hours, which guarantees that our site has the least possibility of “crash” on the web or of intrusions by “hackers” who violate our Portal.
Without prejudice to the responsibilities that correspond to the user, MundoMaritimo will exercise particular care in the collection, maintenance, use, publication or distribution of personal information related to users and visitors, verifying that the data is correct, complete and adequate to achieve the purposes for which they will be used.
The user who has previously provided data or personal information to MundoMaritimo, may request its modification, correction or elimination, by sending an e-mail to email@example.com, indicating his name, address, telephone and clearly expressing that information of which you have delivered that you wish to modify or delete.
In any case, and as a security measure, MundoMaritimo reserves the right to verify the authenticity of the communication.
6. Publication and sharing:
MundoMaritimo, as a general rule, will not transfer, assign, sell or otherwise provide your personal data to anyone. MundoMaritimo could transfer, reveal or transfer the data collected from its users, to third parties under the following circumstances:
(1) In case of explicit consent of the user, his personal data may be used by third parties for the purposes of direct marketing, telephone calls, sending e-mails, among others. The user has the right and the possibility of opposing the receipt of this information by third parties.
(2) In the case of “business contacts”, your personal data may be used by third parties only for the purpose of being able to complete and carry out the transaction which motivated the delivery or collection of this information.
(3) Information required by law, court order, or other legally valid process that requires it.
7. Use of third-party information:
In case of corresponding approval, MundoMaritimo will use the user’s information to communicate and inform him, by e-mail, of:
(1) Changes to its existing services or products, appearance of new services or products, or others specified by the user.
(2) Information, offers or any type of marketing promotion that MundoMaritimo may grant to the user.
(3) Suggestion by the user to “recommend this news to a friend”
8. Services provided by third party companies on the site:
Occasionally, MundoMaritimo may use the services of external companies, in order to provide new services and products through this website. The information collected about you by these companies will be governed by their user agreement.
9. Related Advertising
Regarding advertising services or promotional information, in order to present you with related services that may be of interest to you, we have links with other companies that we authorize to place advertising on our pages. These companies may individually request your information directly from you, being their sole responsibility for the management and processing of this information.
Finally, MundoMaritimo does not guarantee the confidentiality of the user’s personal information, if it provides or disseminates information in public telephone directories, press articles, publications, discussion areas, newsletters or other similar. This information may be collected by third parties, with or without your consent. The user discloses this information at his own risk.